Activity 7: Climate zones and climate change
The different conditions in the climatic zones of the Earth depend largely on the intensity of solar radiation, which varies with latitude. Due to the anthropogenically enhanced greenhouse effect, additional energy is irradiated, leading to a shift in climate zones.
In this activity, the following questions are explored using a simple experiment with a small solar cell:
- Part: How do climate zones form?
- Part: Consequences of climate change on climate zones and ecosystems.T
- Description to the activity from the guide (PDF / editable word-document)
- Solution to the activity from the guide (PDF)
- DIN A3-backround text to the activity from the climate kit (all backround texts for download)
h5p-study unit for the activity: climate zones
More materials like h5p-study units, videos and animations with Module - Consequences of climate change.
Video: The Climate zones
Technical questions and didactic comments
Do you have a technical question about the experiment? Get in touch with us! We will gladly try to answer your question or forward it to an expert in our network. Answers to central or frequently asked questions will be published here.